Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Coffee's for Closers

It has been a while since I posted anything.  This will be short.  I just signed up for Twitter.  Largely because Dad did and I was curious.  Well they suspended for an unknown reason so maybe I will just delete it.  I will see what their Support says.  Life is weird sometimes.  After being not so busy in the winter to a sudden upturn in activities for which it seems I have no time.  Time is my personal nemesis.  It has caused anxiety and lack of clarity in thoughts.  Just some more of those pieces of life, I guess.

Humor

I was blessed with a certain degree of humor.  My brother-in-law Joe was in town for a visit recently.  He and I have an interesting relationship; we dont know what to make of each other.  Anyway, he was saying good bye the the group one night, I could have sworn he said, "I'll be annoyed by you all tomorrow..." That struck me as a very funny salutation, so out of character for me I actually laughed loudly.  Getting strange glances by most that were in the group, I regained my composure.  I then realized he had some something completely normal like I'll see you all later...  Ooops joke's on me... LOL!

A B C: Always Be Closing -

A great line from Glengary Glenross by Alec Baldwin.  Great in that it became the moto of every bad sales manager in the world and also good as it describes the current spot in this blog where I end.  So my question to those that subscribe to the ABC method,  when was the last time you actually sold anything?   And as I close this short imageless post.   Just another piece to add to the enormous puzzle that is life!

5 comments:

  1. For one love the shortness but pointful message, also love the glengary glenross mention, ive never liked the abc method of selling, i am who i am and will sell you what you want/need type of person...funny now that i dont sell anymore will always be a sales guy thru and thru though. More importantly your writings abouttime....i have nothing but time lately yet still cant seem to find anytime...maybe it be my lifestyle or maybe just the world...either way love the post and think we need to get together for a moment when time affords it. Thanks larry for the refreshing post/blog or whatever you want to call it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for reading Dan! You are a great salesman. Coffee is definitely for you! We will get together!

      Delete
  2. I think i commented a few times hope you see it and approve it lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Larry I miss your quirky sense of humor. I just switched back to full time sales with Mood and loving it. As an account manager I had opportunities to do some up sales and one offs but my main position was retention which I was very good at but it was totally depressing. This ABC was the first I heard of and I am like Dan if you need it and I have the right product I get the client set up. I don't and won't sale to just sale. But I work with a few like that. It would be nice to get together with our original team sometime and catch up. Thanks for sharing Larry.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Celeste, I think the get together sounds like fun! Thanks for reading!

      Delete

Please feel free to comment. I welcome constructive feedback, alternate views and/or shared experiences. Maybe you have an idea for a future post or just want to share. Please be respectful, as I will in turn be the same. We all share this world and what is in it.